Sunday, May 26, 2013

Heritage Park Wells are Hooked-Up to Witt Farm - Flare Now Larger

Yesterday morning, the central processing facility on Witt Farm, which is currently setup to receive 4 wells, was temporarily of grid.


4 broiler/separator chimneys - and


4 tanks are indicating that 4 wells are currently exploited on Witt Farm

The flare did not burn for a few hours while the temporarily plugged wells in Heritage Park and the pipeline were primed for production.


The hidden flare in the open barrel chimney was not visible yesterday morning

However, by about 6:00 pm the flare was back and seemed to produce more heat and soot than before. This is only the visible consequences of the now increased production of oil AND gas and volatiles that contain several poisonous and cancerous chemicals - beyond bad smell that will impair the health of many residents in at least a mile radius around the flare - depending on the wind direction and wind speed.

By 6:00 pm, the flare was back and seemed much larger. See the hot air swirling around on to of the chimney and the darkening indicating more soot.

 More is soon to come when the drilling operation on the neighboring landscaping business will hit oil.


Meanwhile the drill site at Heritage Park is now abandoned of workers and equipment and looks almost peaceful if you forget that the black gold is now flowing 4 feet underneath the ground, and the drilling mud was buried under ground in a sandwich of plastic tarps.









3 comments:

  1. Professor Wassmer, a couple of questions. Do you drive a car? Do you ever ride in a car for personal or business transportation? Do you use hot water? Do you shower? Do you use electicity? Do you teach with printed materials? Do you read the newspaper or other printed materials or magazines? I know you use a camera. Did you know that your camera was made from petroleum products? How ironic. If you answer yes to any of these questions you are a consumer of petroleum. I would venture to guess that you have actually consumed more petroleum in your crusade against petroleum than has been produced by the Savoy wells located on City of Adrian property to date. Interesting, no? I guess you are just another high-browed liberal who lives by the motto: "Do as I say, not as I do..." Our modern society, like it or not, needs petroleum. You need petroleum and you use it every day. I wish cleaner alternatives existed at this point in our history, but they do not. If oil is not produced in Adrian, Michigan then where? Would you rather it come from foreign lands? Domestic oil production is a good thing--for many geopolitical reasons. I applaude the City of Adrian and Governor Snyder for creating a good environment for oil production and energy independence right here in our own back yard. Drill Baby, Drill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately, you are wrong! I am not a liberal but an environmentalist. If I would be political I would be associated with the Green Party. But this is not about me. Let's get to your arguments. Sure I consume energy, but I save as much I can. For example, my car gets 50 MPG, i do not fly often, I walk or bike to work, I pull the plug of appliances when I don't use them to reduce vampire currents, to name a few. I do the walk not just the talk. On a big scale these measures done by everybody, together with energy efficient houses would cut this nations energy demand by half or more. Second is is not only green and comforts my consciousness but guarantees that future generations, your children and grand children will still have oil to use for better things than burning it.
      Second, there are better energy sources than oil and gas - cleaner and not limited. Renewable energy sources can be used today not when all oil is gone and the world is polluted.
      Thirdly, even if you want to make the point that we need oil today and might get away from it in the future, tapping in deep unconventional domestic resources now, when Saudi oil is still plentiful and cheap is not wise. It would be better to keep these resources as a last resort when oil becomes rare on the world market. Unfortunately, many politicians and many people are much to shortsighted to see the big picture!

      Delete
  2. Tom, please enlighten me as to what better renewable energy sources you speak of? I do sure hope you don't mention Solar as one. I would LOVE to see you heat your house with Solar. You wouldn't make it to spring. Please don't mention turbines! I would MUCH rather look at a Flare than these MONSTROUS eye sores that will take YEARS AND YEARS to recoup the money that it took to make these hideous things made of Petroleum!

    ReplyDelete