Friday, July 25, 2014

Results of EPA Findings Not Reported by the Daily Telegram and Toledo Blade

Despite my efforts to share the news-worthy information about leaks on Witt Farm with the two local news outlets Daily Telegram and Adrian Today, which should be of considerable public interest, nothing was reported to the public yet. I guess the City of Adrian's appearance in the light of development projects as the large assisted living complex on Witt Farm and the fear of declining property values are more important than health and environmental concerns. I wonder if this "Looking Away" strategy will continue when the findings will be openly and officially called violations of the Clean Air Act, adding Adrian and Savoy Energy to a short list of illustrious environmental violations.

Edit: Adrian Today reported about this topic on July 25: http://adriantoday.com/2014/07/25/epa-report-inspectors-found-vapor-leaks-at-adrian-oil-plant/1039
I also informed the Toledo Blade about the EPA findings and had a brief email exchange with their reporter Tom Henry but there is still no report about this in the Toledo Blade as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom,

    I appreciate your taking the time to speak with me, and just wanted to let you know that I had not forgotten about the issue. I operate Adrian Today in my spare time, which sometimes makes it harder to call people like EPA officials during their business hours. I did, however, receive clarifications to a couple of technical details I had asked the EPA's spokesperson in an email this morning, and a story will be up later today.

    Thanks!

    Erik Gable
    Editor, AdrianToday.com

    ReplyDelete